Cookies are small files that a site or its service provider transfers to your computer's hard drive through your Web browser (if you allow) that enables the site's or service provider's systems to recognize your browser and capture and remember certain information.
i. Help remember and process the items in the shopping cart.
ii. Understand and save user's preferences for future visits.
iii. Keep track of advertisements.
iv. Compile aggregate data about site traffic and site interactions in order to offer better site experiences in the future.
Cookies and Third Party Advertising: How and When We Use Them
In.meyer.com and some of our third party advertising service partners utilize cookie technology to store and retrieve Non-PII in order to provide services to you.
We utilize cookies to:
- Store and retrieve Non-PII
- Serve promotions
- Recognize browser and associated browsing activities
- Securely store account passwords
- Store personalized home pages
- Store which parts of a website have been visited or keep track of selections, such as those selected in a shopping cart
- If you choose for the Site to remember you and automatically log you in, we utilize the cookie to authorize your account, in order to pre-populate forms with PII like your email address (the PII is not stored in the cookie)
- Measure the effectiveness of our ads and to determine what advertising content to display to you, based on your interactions on our Site, as well as on third party websites you may visit.
A cookie cannot retrieve any other data from your hard drive, pass on a computer virus, or capture your email address.
Cookies: Managing and Restricting Them
You can stop Cookies from being downloaded to your device or remove Cookies by selecting your appropriate settings in your browser. Please consult the “Help” section of your browser for more information.
If you do not want the benefit of Cookies, there is a simple procedure to manually delete your Cookies. Visit http://www.allaboutcookies.org/manage-cookies/stop-cookies-installed.html to see these. Additionally, you can opt out of some of these services by visiting the Digital Advertising Alliance’s opt-out portal at: http://optout.aboutads.info/.
Your device settings may also allow you to prohibit mobile app platforms (such as Apple or Google) from sharing certain information obtained by automated means with us. We are not responsible for the Cookies from third parties. To learn about these third party Cookies, please refer to the relevant policies on the third party’s website.
If you set your computer to not receive cookies at any time, certain personalized services cannot be provided to you, and accordingly, you may not be able to take full advantage of all of our Site features (i.e. making purchases).