Moroccan Tagine Chicken
A one-pot magic recipe, the Moroccan Tagine Chicken is no ordinary chicken dish 🥘 From oven to table, it’s a celebration of spices and basic pantry ingredients that you can surprise your family with. Delicately aromatic, a tagine is a spice braised dish that is highly fragrant and since everything is cooked in its own juices, all the ingredients will simmer together to keep your chicken packed full of flavor.
The Moroccan Tagine Chicken is a spin on the basic chicken casserole that will leave your family wanting more, but don’t worry, it’s super easy to put together so you can cook it up at any time. It’s a recipe that saves time and effort, but we guarantee, it doesn’t skimp on flavors 🤤 It’s totally one for the books!
Star tip: While cooking with olive oil, always make sure you use pomace olive oil for cooking and extra virgin olive oil for salad dressing or for consuming raw. Never cook with extra virgin olive oil as it's not suited for heating; heat will change the flavor of the food!
- 100 ml olive oil
- 2 tsp chopped garlic
- 1 chicken with skin
- 2 sliced onions
- 1 tbsp smoked paprika
- 1 tbsp roasted cumin powder
- 1 tsp cinnamon powder
- 1 tbsp coriander powder
- 1 tbsp cracked black pepper
- ½ cup chicken stock
- A handful of green olives
- A handful of black olives
- 1 red bell pepper
- 1 tsp lemon zest
- Chopped coriander
- 1½ cups boiled chickpeas
- 1 tbsp honey
- Toasted almonds
- In an Accent Series Stainless Steel Casserole, heat olive oil, add chopped garlic, and fry it off until it becomes brown and toasty.
- Place the sliced chicken pieces in the casserole and let them caramelize until the skin becomes crispy and brown. Once the chicken is caramelized, add in all the powdered spices (paprika, coriander, cumin, salt, black pepper, and cinnamon) and mix it around so that the spices properly coat the chicken.
- Add in the chicken stock, along with the olives and a cubed bell pepper. Follow it with lemon zest and chopped coriander.
- Add in the boiled chickpeas and let it all simmer for 5 to 10 minutes. Braise the casserole at 160 degrees for 30 minutes, while keeping it covered.
- Finish it off with honey and serve it with some homemade bread.
Our Accent Stainless Steel Casserole is perfect to cook up this one-pot recipe. Made for effortless oven cooking, the casserole has a thick stainless steel construction that has no problem standing high heat. It’s unique shape and tall side walls allow more food at once so it’s an essential piece of cookware if you’re hosting a dinner party!
Tag us on Instagram @frommeyer.in and let’s see your one-pot magic!
#MEYER #HomeCooking #DeliciousIdeas #OnePotMagic #Casserole